Fort Smith Doctor Welcomed Home from Afghanistan
A Fort Smith doctor received a warm welcome back after returning from Afghanistan.
Lt. Col. Matt Dupree spent four months overseas. He was deployed to a surgical hospital back in November. Dupree was a member of the trauma team providing care for American soldiers injured on the front lines of combat, as well as local Afghani citizens.
Dupree even had to dodge enemy fire with the hospital so close to the fighting.
But now he’s back home with family and friends.
“It’s really hard to put into words the feelings seen, just the support of everybody that was here from congressional leaders and the senate leaders to the color guard, just all the employees,” he said. “People that I’ve never met here at the hospital that came out to say welcome back. Very special, something I’ll never forget.”
This was Dupree’s third overseas deployment.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In $94,000 Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side