Round Two of Heavy Rain Set For Sunday
Sunny skies and warmer temperatures return today with highs in the 60′s area-wide after heavy rain soaked the area on Thursday.
We turn our attention to the weekend when another shot at heavy rain will be possible. Clouds will increase throughout the day Saturday with most of the heavy rain staying to our west through the afternoon hours. Rain will start late Saturday night, after sunset, and will continue through the overnight hours into Sunday morning.
The system will finally get a push east on Sunday night ending our rain chances for the weekend. Sunday afternoon looks to be rainy one. Rain totals for Saturday night and Sunday will range from between 1 and 3 inches. After the heavy rain on Thursday, the ground is saturated, especially across the River Valley and the Ouachitas. The heavy rain on Saturday night and Sunday could lead to flash flooding problems.
Skies will clear for the early part of next week and spring-like weather will return with highs rebounding into the 70′s and even the 80′s further south.
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Sen. Boozman Recovering From Heart Surgery With Friends' Support
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested