Police Seized Property Auction Held this Weekend

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Seized Property Auction

Cars, trucks, SUVs, guns and other items seized in Crawford County drug cases will be auctioned off at Kay Rogers Park in Fort Smith Saturday morning.

Crawford County Prosecuting Attorney Marc McCune says doors will open at 8 a.m. for bidders to look around and register for their bid numbers. The auction starts at 10a.m.

To register you’ll need to bring a government issued photo identification.

McCune says the items up for sale were confiscated during drug stops on the interstate highways in Crawford County or during search warrants for people that were selling or buying drugs.

He says 20 percent of the money raised by the auction goes to the state crime lab and the remaining 80 percent is used for law enforcement purposes.