Berries May Boost Brain Power
(CNN) – There is yet another reason to pile on those blueberries on your morning cereal. They aren’t just high in antioxidants, a new study says they can actually boost brain power.
The study included more than 16,000 women over the age of 70. Researchers found those who ate the most blueberries and strawberries had a slower rate of developing memory problem by about two and a half years.
Also, it didn’t take a huge amount to see the benefits, about two half cup servings per week. However the study couldn’t prove if berries protected the women’s’ brains directly. Those who ate berries also got more exercise and had higher incomes, both factors in having better health.
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Sen. Boozman Recovering From Heart Surgery With Friends' Support
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested