Abron Released, Hogs Add Harris
Devonta Abron has been released from his scholarship and will transfer from the University of Arkansas.
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Arkansas freshman forward Devonta Abron has been released from his scholarship and will transfer, according to a release from the university.
The Seagoville, Tx. native expressed a desire to be closer to home, and Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com tweeted that Abron will seek a waiver from the NCAA for eligibility next season due to a health issue in his family.
This comes on the same day Arkansas announces they have added junior transfer Alandise Harris to the team.
Harris is a Little Rock native who spent the last two seasons at the University of Houston, where he averaged 11.5 points and 5.9 rebounds per game. He led the team in rebounding and was second in scoring in 2012.
He will not be eligible to play in the 2012-13 season due to NCAA transfer rules.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In $94,000 Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side