Brummett, Collins To Debate Taxes
Rep. Charlie Collins and political columnist John Brummett of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette are set to debate taxes on Thursday in Fayetteville.
Collins, a Fayetteville Republican seeking re-election to a second two-year term, proposes reducing the state income tax, believing lower rates will attract businesses to Arkansas. He says income tax policy “will be a major issue” at the 2013 legislative session. Brummett calls Collins’ proposal a “frightful idea to erode the tax base … with a Medicaid crisis looming.”
I will moderate the event and welcome your questions, whether you plan to attend or not. Please email questions to email@example.com.
Collins’ Democratic opponent in the Nov. 6 general election, Adella Gray, says she plans to attend and has asked other Democrats to show up, too.
The event is scheduled for noon to 1 p.m. at 4476 Waterside Court, Suite 101. That address is a LEED-certified office building behind the Lowe’s near the Northwest Arkansas Mall. Eureka Pizza is providing lunch, beginning at 11:30 a.m.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Missing Albuquerque Teen Found In Fort Smith
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side