Hit and Run Suspect: “I Did Not Want My Ice Cream to Melt”
A Van Buren woman was ticketed after she left the scene of an accident Sunday evening, police say.
Flora Burkhart, 58, was issued a citation for following too close and leaving the scene of an accident by Van Buren Police.
According to the police report, Burkhart rear-ended a Nissan pickup with her Ford truck when she was driving westbound on Fayetteville Road near the intersection of Rena Road. Police say Burkhart didn’t stop and continued to drive on to her residence. The driver of the other truck called police and followed Burkhart home, according to the report.
Police say when asked why she left the scene of the accident and did not call police, Burkhart responded “I left because I did not want my ice cream to melt.” Burkhart also said she didn’t think there was enough damage to either vehicle to call the police, the report states.
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Sen. Boozman Recovering From Heart Surgery With Friends' Support
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested