13 Fun Facts about Friday the 13th
Hope everyone’s having a lucky day. Here’s a few fun Friday the 13th facts to make it a little more entertaining.
- Fidel Castro was born on August 13, 1926.
- Tupac Shacur was killed on Friday, September 13.
- The asteroid 2004 MN4 is set to come in close proximity to earth on Friday April 13, 2029.
- Country Music star Taylor Swift actually considers 13 to be her lucky number.
- There are three Friday the 13ths in 2012. Jan. 13, Apr. 13, and July 13. Ironically, they are all exactly 13 weeks apart.
- The next year we’ll have three Friday the 13ths is 2015. That year they’ll occur in February, March, and November.
- The fear of Friday the 13th is known as paraskavedekatriaphobia.
- Several hotels and hospitals skip the 13th floor out of superstition.
- The thirteenth installment of the Friday the 13th film series is set to be released on Friday September 13th, 2013.
- Author Mark Twain was once the 13th guest at a dinner party. Despite a friends warning not to go, saying, “It was bad luck,” he went went anyway. Twain later said they only had enough food for 12.
- According to the British Medical Journal, there is an increase in traffic-related accidents on Friday the 13th
- The longest period that can occur without a Friday the 13th is fourteen months.
- According to UK’s The Mirror, New York resident Daz Baxter chose to stay in bed on Friday the 13th in 1976 in order to avoid bad luck. Unfortunately his apartment floor collapsed and he fell six stories to his death.