Child Hospitalized After Truck Crashes Into Scooter
A 9-year-old boy was rushed to the hospital Wednesday night after a car ran into the scooter he was riding.
Rogers police responded to East Post Road at 10:11 p.m. on a call saying a Ford F-150 pickup truck had hit a child. The truck, driven by a 35-year-old man, hit the boy after the child’s scooter swerved into the street in front of the truck, according to a police report.
The man drove the boy to the child’s residence after the boy said his head hurt and he wanted to go home. There were no obvious injuries at the time, police said.
The parents later took the boy to Mercy Medical Center for treatment. He was later transferred to a hospital in Springfield, Mo., police said.
No citations were issued, and no arrests were made.
- Driver In Fatal Boat Crash Consumed Beer, Tequila, Drugs, Report States
- POLICE: Suspicious Items at Bentonville Motel a 'Mystery'
- Names of Oklahoma Tornado Casualties Released
- Capital Murder Arrest Made In Fayetteville Man's Carjacking Death
- National Weather Service Confirms 2 Tornadoes Hit Northwest Arkansas