Two Injured in Pool Stick Attack
A Crawford County man is facing charges after he allegedly beat two men with a pool cue at a the Speak Easy on S. 3rd in Ozark early Saturday.
Thomas Metcalf, 37, is accused of hitting Brian Crabtree, 35, of Ozark, in the back of the head during a game of pool, according to Police Chief Cory Tedford.
Officers were dispatched to the bar just after midnight. Witnesses said Metcalf became angry and began swinging the cue recklessly around the room, Chief Tedford said. During that time a second victim, 62-year-old Gary Barham of Ozark, said he was also hit in the arm with a cue by Metcalf, according to a police report.
Witnesses tried to hold Metcalf for authorities, but he managed to get away with another man in a pickup truck, according to police.
Metcalf was later arrested at a home in Mulberry. He’s being held in the Franklin County jail on battery charges.
Crabtree was taken to the hospital to be treated for injuries to his face and head, Chief Tedford said. A nurse at Mercy Hospital in Fort Smith confirmed Monday night Crabtree is in critical condition.
Barham sustained injuries to his upper arm and was also taken to the hospital.
- Driver In Fatal Boat Crash Consumed Beer, Tequila, Drugs, Report States
- POLICE: Suspicious Items at Bentonville Motel a 'Mystery'
- Names of Oklahoma Tornado Casualties Released
- Capital Murder Arrest Made In Fayetteville Man's Carjacking Death
- National Weather Service Confirms 2 Tornadoes Hit Northwest Arkansas