Smith: Tyler Wilson Not Playing Against Tide
Arkansas Razorback quarterback Tyler Wilson is not playing in today’s game, Hogs Head Coach John L. Smith said moments before kickoff.
That Tyler would not play was first reported Friday by 5NEWS content partner Bo Mattingly.
Arkansas is playing the No. 1 ranked Alabama Crimson Tide in Fayetteville. Kickoff was at 2:30 p.m.
This has perhaps been the most tumultuous week in Arkansas football history. Now the Razorbacks need to dig deep and see what they’re made of.
Wilson was injured last Saturday in the game against University of Louisiana at Monroe in Little Rock and spent the night in a Little Rock hospital. He was showing symptoms of a concussion and held out of practice every day this week except Wednesday.
Coach Smith said earlier Saturday that he wouldn’t make an official decision about Wilson until game time Saturday. Mattingly reported Friday that a source told him Wilson would not play.
Arkansas knows how big this game is. The Hogs haven’t beaten the Tide since 2006. Between that and the loss last week, emotions are running high in Fayetteville.
- Driver In Fatal Boat Crash Consumed Beer, Tequila, Drugs, Report States
- POLICE: Suspicious Items at Bentonville Motel a 'Mystery'
- Names of Oklahoma Tornado Casualties Released
- Capital Murder Arrest Made In Fayetteville Man's Carjacking Death
- National Weather Service Confirms 2 Tornadoes Hit Northwest Arkansas