Arkansas Tuesday Press Conference
Titbits from Tuesday’s Arkansas football press conference:
Offensive Coordinator Paul Petrino:
1. The running game comes down to blocking and getting better at it every day.
2. Each day will be an evaluation of players to see who deserves playing time
3. Dennis Johnson could see an increased role on Saturdays.
4. Chris Gragg is day-to-day. Sounds like he’s getting better.
5. Austin Tate has good hand…needs more explosiveness.
6. Offensive line needs to be ready to get a push on A&M’s good defensive front.
7. There’s a concern that the offense relies on big plays. Running the ball will help that.
Wide Receiver Brandon Mitchell:
1. Need to get the run game going with different formations to balance out the offense.
2. Cobi Hamilton and Dennis Johnson main focus in offense but Mitchell prepared to make plays when needed.
3. College Station will be hostile environment being on road for first time, with new players at different positions- confident they can handle it.
Wide Receiver Cobi Hamilton:
1. Key to winning a game is doing the little things they do in practice, converting on third downs and grinding the ball.