College Student Hospitalized After Alcohol Enema
Knoxville, Tenn. – A University of Tennessee student from Memphis was treated and released over the weekend for alcohol poisoning, after police said his fraternity was using alcohol enemas.
The UT Knoxville chapter of Pi Kappa Alpha has been suspended. The fraternity, also known as PIKE, is based in Memphis.
Early Saturday morning, 20-year-old Alexander Broughton arrived at U.T. Medical Center in Knoxville.
He was reportedly unresponsive and in critical condition, with a blood alcohol level over .40. That’s five times the legal limit.
A local newspaper reported the person who took Broughton to the hospital told police their fraternity had been pouring alcohol through rubber tubing into their rectums.