Woman Killed in Van Buren House Fire Identified
Van Buren police identified the body of a woman found in a house fire Wednesday.
Wilma Deanna White, 68, was found unconscious in a bedroom, according to police
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. It started at house on the 1100 block of N. 25th.
Officials responded to the fire around 11:45 a.m. A neighbor called police and reported she smelled smoke coming from the home.
Cpl. Mark McGraw and Ofc. Blayne Irvin, who went into the house to retrieve the woman, were hospitalized with smoke inhalation symptoms, but are expected to be OK, police said.
- Driver In Fatal Boat Crash Consumed Beer, Tequila, Drugs, Report States
- POLICE: Suspicious Items at Bentonville Motel a 'Mystery'
- Names of Oklahoma Tornado Casualties Released
- Capital Murder Arrest Made In Fayetteville Man's Carjacking Death
- National Weather Service Confirms 2 Tornadoes Hit Northwest Arkansas