Bella Vista Woman Dies After Being Stabbed; Man Arrested
Bella Vista police are investigating an apparent stabbing death after receiving an emergency 911 call early Saturday.
A 40-year-old man has been arrested.
Officers and EMS were called at 6:17 a.m. to 12 Thaxted Dr. in Bella Vista, where they found a 46-year-old woman with multiple stab wounds.
She was taken to Mercy Hospital, where she later died, according to police.
Officers said they found Leon Lincoln, Jr., 40, at the home. He was taken to Mercy Hospital with minor wounds.
Lincoln was released from the hospital and then arrested by Bella Vista police, authorities said..
He remains at the Benton County Jail awaiting a bond hearing and faces a first-degree murder charge.
Authorities have not released the woman’s name.
Stay with 5NEWS for updates.
- Driver In Fatal Boat Crash Consumed Beer, Tequila, Drugs, Report States
- POLICE: Suspicious Items at Bentonville Motel a 'Mystery'
- Names of Oklahoma Tornado Casualties Released
- Capital Murder Arrest Made In Fayetteville Man's Carjacking Death
- National Weather Service Confirms 2 Tornadoes Hit Northwest Arkansas