Sunday Alcohol Sales Would Benefit City, Candidates Say
Sunday alcohol sales.
That’s a topic Springdale office seekers appearing at a candidate forum on Monday all agreed upon.
Nine candidates vying for three Springdale City Council seats discussed a variety of issues at the forum, including downtown redevelopment and City Council salaries.
All agreed the city would benefit from the tax revenue that would be collected from Sunday alcohol sales.
The candidates were Zack Blake, Howard Cook, Rick Evans and Tommy Golden seeking the Ward 2, Position 2 seat; Teresa Moore Powers, Dan Runge and Jeff Watson seeking the Ward 3, Position 2 seat; and Kathy Jaycox and Mitch Miller seeking the Ward 4, Position 2 seat.
The event, sponsored by Citizens for a Future Springdale, was held at the Springdale Senior Activity Center.
Even the candidates who said they don’t drink, including Evans, Blake and Powers, said they favor Sunday sales.
Voters will decide the City Council races — and Sunday liquor sales — on Nov. 6.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In $94,000 Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side