Fatal Bus Crash Sends 20 To Hospitals
At least one person is dead following a three-vehicle accident in Searcy County involving a church bus from Hot Springs, according to a crash report from the Arkansas State Police.
All 19 bus passengers were transported to various hospitals, including North Arkansas Regional Medical Center in Harrison, although the extent of their injuries is unknown.
Ralph Wacaster, 68, the bus driver, was transported to the medical center with unspecified injuries. A hospital supervisor later said he was never admitted into the facility.
Ronald Battershell, 67, of Marshall, died in the collision that occurred at 11:18 a.m. He was driving a small 2010 Chevy Colorado pickup truck, according to the crash report.
The fatal wreck occurred on U.S. Highway 65, about one mile south of Pindall and near St. Joe.
A 2003 Hyundai Elantra also involved in the wreck was driven by Rita Miller, 29, of Marshall. She and her three-year-old passenger were uninjured in the crash.
Arkansas State Police are investigating the accident and did not release a narrative outlining the circumstances of the crash.
The report shows “none” under charges for Battershell and Wacaster, and “pending” under Miller.
- Driver In Fatal Boat Crash Consumed Beer, Tequila, Drugs, Report States
- POLICE: Suspicious Items at Bentonville Motel a 'Mystery'
- Names of Oklahoma Tornado Casualties Released
- Capital Murder Arrest Made In Fayetteville Man's Carjacking Death
- National Weather Service Confirms 2 Tornadoes Hit Northwest Arkansas