Uncounted Benton County Ballots Headed to Washington County
Benton County votes will be totaled in Washington County after mechanical breakdowns of the Benton County machines.
Jennifer Price of the Washington County Election Commission said she offered the use of her department’s three ballot-counting machines after hearing of Benton County’s problems. A technician has been working on Benton County’s broken machines since Wednesday afternoon.
Several results are undecided because of the incomplete vote totals.
Benton County officials said they will deliver their uncounted ballots to Washington County by Thursday morning. Benton County election officials had been counting ballots by hand before Washington County offered its machines.
The machines breakdown was just one problem Benton County had on Election Night that included long lines and several locations that ran out of paper ballots.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side