Jessica Dorrell Returns to Fundraising in South Carolina
From our partners at ArkansasBusiness.com
Former Arkansas football coach Bobby Petrino was still searching for a job as of press time. He’s been linked to a number of openings in college football and even had family and friends lobbying in the press on his behalf.
Petrino — for all his faults — figures to land a job somewhere. He’s too good of a football coach to stay unemployed for long, and in the multibillion-dollar industry of college athletics, a good football coach can generate lots of revenue.
So somebody will be willing to overlook the sins of Petrino, which included hiring his mistress to a football staff position at Arkansas and then lying that Jessica Dorrell was a passenger with him in an April 1 motorcycle crash. In addition to hiring Dorrell at a salary of $55,000, Petrino gave her a $20,000 cash gift.
What, though, is happening with Dorrell, who seemed to be on the way to a promising career of her own before joining the football staff and going on an ill-fated joy ride with Petrino?
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone