Arkansas Women Beat Pepperdine 64-39
Senior center Sarah Watkins scored 18 points to lead Arkansas to a 64-39 victory against Pepperdine in front of an announced crowd of 1,047 on Sunday at Walton Arena.
Senior guard Erin Gatling scored 11 points and junior forward Keira Peak added 10 points and eight rebounds for the Razorbacks, who improved to 7-1. Arkansas outrebounded Pepperdine (2-5) by a 38-28 margin and forced 23 turnovers.
Arkansas led 29-19 at halftime and outscored Pepperdine 35-20 in the second half. The victory was Coach Tom Collen’s 100th at Arkansas.
“I’m proud of the hundred wins,” Collen said. “It comes at a time early in my fifth year, meaning we are averaging about eighteen wins a season. I would obviously like more but it shows great improvement.”
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Sen. Boozman Recovering From Heart Surgery With Friends' Support
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested