Attic of Empty House Catches Fire in Bentonville
The attic of an empty house caught fire Friday at 502 S.E. D Street near downtown Bentonville, heavily damaging the residence.
A 5NEWS crew on the scene said so many fire trucks showed up to fight the flames the street was impassible.
The Bentonville fire chief said nobody was home at the time the fire broke out. The call came in around 7:15 a.m. Within 20 minutes, the flames were out, the chief said.
The chief also told 5NEWS because of the age of the home, it might end up being considered a loss.
S.E. D Street is between 5th and 6th streets near the Bentonville Public Library.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone