Find Alternate Routes for I-540 Construction
On Jan. 21, one of the state’s biggest road projects will begin on Interstate 540 in the River Valley, closing one lane of traffic each way.
Different options for drivers include the Garrison Avenue bridge, the Midland Boulevard bridge and the Highway 59 bridge at Barling, according to Joe Shipman, District Engineer for the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department.
The more than $78 million project will include resurfacing seven miles of roadway and replacing nine bridges. The bridges on I-540 affected by the project include Rogers Avenue, Grand Avenue, Clayton Avenue, Arkansas River, and Union Pacific Railroad Overpass.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range