Fayetteville Man Killed in Accident Identified
Fayetteville police identified the 20-year-old man was killed in a single-car accident Sunday morning on Wedington Drive.
Zachary Hagen, 20, was a passenger of a 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe traveling eastbound in the 3600 block of Wedington. Police say the driver, Kenneth Sizemore, 20, of Springdale, lost control of the vehicle crossed left lanes and collided with a curb.
The vehicle rolled several times in a field and Hagen was thrown from the vehicle, according to a police report. He later died from his injuries at Washington Regional Medical Center.
Police say he was not wearing a seat-belt.
Griffith Smith, 20, of West Fork, who was the rear passenger of the Tahoe suffered minor injuries.
The accident happened just before midnight, police say.
Fayetteville police said they are continuing to investigate the accident but said weather and road conditions did not appear to play a factor in the accident.
Hagen was a former Springdale High School baseball player.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In $94,000 Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side