Volunteers Needed for National Cemetery Wreath Teardown
Now that Christmas songs no longer fill the air, and the next year is here, the wreaths must be removed from the 14,000 graves at the Fort Smith National Cemetery.
“We need help,” Christmas Honors organizer Claude Legris said.
From 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19, volunteers are asked to show up and help with the teardown process.
5NEWS Weekend is designed to give you your news headlines and current events each weekend. The newscast airs from 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. on KXNW-TV 34 and from 6 a.m. – 8 a.m. Sunday mornings on KFSM-TV Channel 5. Daren Bobb and Heather Lewis anchor the show together.
- Driver In Fatal Boat Crash Consumed Beer, Tequila, Drugs, Report States
- POLICE: Suspicious Items at Bentonville Motel a 'Mystery'
- Names of Oklahoma Tornado Casualties Released
- Capital Murder Arrest Made In Fayetteville Man's Carjacking Death
- National Weather Service Confirms 2 Tornadoes Hit Northwest Arkansas