Chris Webb Turns Himself In Following Arrest Warrant

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The former Farmington principal who was found last summer bloody and naked in his home surrendered himself to authorities Wednesday night, more than a week after a new arrest warrant was issued for him.

West Fork District Court issued the arrest warrant Jan. 15 for Webb on suspicion of misdemeanor contempt of court stemming from a violation of a protection order. The warrant was picked up by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office on Wednesday morning, according to the Sheriff’s Office spokesperson.

Webb was booked Wednesday night into the Washington County Detention Center on $5,120 bond.

His violation of a protective order court date is set for March 5, according to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.

Image from Facebook Profile

Image from Facebook Profile

Webb pleaded not guilty in September at his arraignment in the Washington County Detention Center in front of Magistrate Ray Reynolds.

Webb is charged with aggravated cruelty to a dog, third-degree domestic battery, refusal to submit to arrest and committing an offense in the presence of a child, according to the Washington County Prosecutor’s Office.

Not guilty pleas are common at arraignments in felony cases.

Webb, 43, was arrested July 19 after police say officers found him naked and bloody, assaulting his fiancée, Shannon Shrum, in their home.

Police approached the couple’s home shortly after midnight after Webb’s 12-year-old daughter called 911. Upon entering, officers saw blood on the floor, walls and stairs. When police entered an upstairs bathroom, they saw Webb naked and and bloody with Shrum in a chokehold, according to a report from the Farmington Police Department.

A dead dog lay in the bathtub, its throat slit. Officers also found a knife on the floor, the report states.

Webb was treated at Washington Regional Medical Center, then was admitted to Vista Health Center in Fayetteville, according to a protective order petition. Vista Health provides mental health services.

He was jailed at the Washington County Detention Center, but was released on a $5,000 bond, records show.

Webb was fired as principal of Farmington High School during the next School Board meeting.

Webb’s ex-wife told police he sent her four text messages in one day after she filed a protection order against the former principal on behalf of herself and the couple’s children. The order ran out Nov. 4 and hasn’t been renewed, according to the Washington County Circuit Clerk’s Office.

The woman immediately called police.

“I am afraid of the safety of my children and myself,” Webb’s ex-wife states in the arrest warrant affidavit.

Webb’s suggested bond in the affidavit is $5,120.