Hogs 5-Star RB Recruit Yet to Sign; Mom Steals Papers and Hides
Alex Collins decided he wanted to be a Razorback on Monday night. Now the 5-star, number three running back in the country has yet to sign his letter of intent because his mother confiscated the papers and is now hiding, according to CBS Sports.
Collins is from Plantation, Fla., and chose Arkansas over his hometown of Miami, much to the dismay of his mother, who wants him to stay close to home and play for the Hurricanes.
He would be the biggest running back recruit for the Hogs since Darren McFadden in 2005.
Collins had a signing day ceremony planned for Wednesday morning, but it was canceled because no one could find his mother, who ran off with the papers.
In order for a letter of intent to be official a parent or guardian has to sign the papers too.
Collins is reportedly looking for his mother now.
5NEWS will keep you updated on the wacky developments of national signing day.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Missing Albuquerque Teen Found In Fort Smith
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side