Alma Brothers Plead Guilty to Child Porn Charges
Two Alma brothers pleaded guilty to child pornographic charges Friday (Feb. 8).
Wendel Vaughn Smith, 46, was sentenced to 40 years in prison after pleading guilty to 12 counts of distributing, possessing or viewing matter depicting sexually explicit conduct involving a child. He received an additional 40-year suspended sentence, according to Attorney General Dustin McDaniel.
William Vincent Smith, 48, was sentenced to 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to four counts of distributing, possessing or viewing matter depicting sexually explicit conduct involving a child. He received an additional 25-year suspended sentence.
The two men were arrested last April at a residence they shared on Orick Road in Alma.
Agents with the Attorney General’s office seized computers and other electronic devices. Multiple images of child pornography were found on the seized evidence during a forensic analysis at the Cyber Crimes Unit Forensic Lab in Little Rock, according to McDaniel.
Both men will be required to register as sex offenders as a condition of their guilty pleas.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Missing Albuquerque Teen Found In Fort Smith
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side