Drug Charges Dropped Against River Valley Doctor
Drug charges against a well know Valley doctor are being dropped.
Crawford County prosecuting attorney Marc McCune has filed a motion to dismiss the charges against Dr. Jimmy Acklin, according to Acklin’s attorney.
A court affidavit filed Thursday (Feb. 7) says statements from co-defendants in the case cleared Dr. Acklin of any involvement in the crime.
He was arrested along with Jerry and Michele Thomas at his Crawford County home in September after police say they found a marijuana growing operation in the basement of his home.
In the release from his attorney, Dr. Acklin says he would like to acknowledge the diligent investigation of McCune in reaching the decision.
Jerry and Michele Thomas appeared before a circuit court judge in Crawford County Friday morning (Feb. 8) for a status hearing. Their trial has been scheduled for mid March.
They face charges of simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms, possession of drug paraphernalia, manufacture of marijuana and possession of methamphetamine.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side