‘Empty Bowls’ Raises Money for Backpack Program
Rainy weather made for a perfect night for soup on Thursday (Feb. 7), as supporters came out to enjoy some dinner and art at the fourth annual “Empty Bowls” event.
Sponsored by the Van Buren High School Art Club, the event raises funds to support the Community Services Clearinghouse’s Meals for Kids backpack program in the Van Buren School District.
For $15, guests could select a handmade ceramic bowl of their choice and enjoy hot vegetable soup and bread. All of the bowls used for the dinner were created by art students at Van Buren High School. More than 220 bowls were crafted by 150 students for the event. At the end of the evening, guests were able to take their bowl home with them. Click here to read the full story from our partners at TheCityWire.com.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Seven Departments Respond to Large House Fire in Sebastian County