Springdale Battalion Chief Retires
A Springdale battalion chief is heading into retirement after 38 years on the job.
Dozens of firefighters from the Springdale Fire Department held a retirement party Friday (Feb. 8) for Quinn Roberts. He was given a fireman’s ax as a parting gift.
He is said to be the longest-tenured city employee. Roberts said the city has changed a lot since be first put on a fireman’s helmet in the 1970s.
“I think the population of Springdale was like 25,000, now we’re up close to 70,000, you know,” he said. “I got to see the city grow over the years, got to see the fire department grow, it’s been a lot of fun.”
Roberts says he’s looking forward to traveling more and relaxing in his retirement.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Seven Departments Respond to Large House Fire in Sebastian County