5NEWS which broadcasts from two studios in Fort Smith and Fayetteville, AR, is looking for a Maintenance Engineer. The primary focus of the Maintenance Engineer is to install or repair all broadcast, information technology, and physical plant as necessary.
Core Job Functions:
- Maintains building and grounds of studio and transmitter site as necessary, including basic electrical, plumbing, and HVAC maintenance.
- Orders replacement parts and supplies under supervisor’s approval. Maintains the stock levels that have been established.
- Install or remove video, audio, network & phone wiring as necessary.
- Maintains and repairs electronic news gathering equipment as required.
- Maintains and repairs fleet vehicles as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Basic knowledge of the equipment operation to troubleshoot and repair equipment, digital electronics, computer electronics, computer operating systems, and the computer software used to operate television station systems. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
Two years WORK experience.
Good eyesight and manual dexterity for the repair and use of electronic equipment. Ability to lifts up to 100+ pounds and climb ladders, as needed. Ability to communicate using headsets.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Submit Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls, please.
KFSM-TV 5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer