Road Conditions Improve in River Valley
Road conditions are improving in the River Valley after Arkansas State Police worked dozens of wrecks.
Lt. Bryan Davis with says roads in the area were mostly wet Thursday morning, which is an improvement over Wednesday night’s snow. Drivers on secondary roads may still run into some slick spots on bridges and overpasses, but Lt. Davis expects things to improve throughout the day.
“We’ve worked several accidents yesterday and today, but things are somewhat better today and we’re hoping that holds,” he said.
During the past 24 hours Arkansas State Police Troop H, headquartered in Fort Smith, has worked 31 accidents, but most of them were just property damage.
They’ve also had to call wreckers for others that just slid off the road, Lt. Davis said.
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Sen. Boozman Recovering From Heart Surgery With Friends' Support
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested