A fire in Goshen engulfed a home and displaced a family, but did not injure anyone, according to emergency crews who responded to the scene.
The house was built by the homeowner and his dad, who recently died. 5NEWS reporter Scott Miller caught up to the family, in the video above.
Firefighters from Fayetteville and Goshen responded to the house fire at about 2 p.m. on Bob Lawrence Road, according to the Fayetteville Fire Department. It was already engulfed when fire crews arrived, but no one was in the home, according to Central Emergency Medical Services.
Dogs living at the home were not hurt and were outside, according to crews on the scene.
More than half of the house was damaged, rendering it unlivable, said the Goshen fire chief.
The family living at the home will be staying with other family members who live next door. A family member told 5NEWS he believes electrical problems caused the fire.
It took fire crews 10 minutes to respond to the call. The fire was extinguished about 20 minutes after firefighters arrived on scene, according to the Goshen Fire Department.