Florida Funeral Planned for Late Country Singer Mindy McCready
The family of late country music singer Mindy McCready has planned a funeral service for Tuesday, Feb. 26, at Crossroads Church in Fort Myers, Fla., according to a publicist who has been handling media since her death.
Burial arrangements have not yet been completed by the family. McCready died from what investigators concluded was a self-inflicted gunshot.
Malinda Gayle McCready was born Nov. 30, 1975 in Fort Myers, She is survived by her sons, Zander Ryan and Zayne Christopher, as well as her mother and father.
McCready’s family ‘welcomes friends and fans to join them in a celebration of Mindy’s life’ according to a news release from Marla Sitten, director of RadioActive PR in Nashville, Tenn. The funeral will begin at 2 p.m.
In lieu of flowers the the family recommends donations be made to “Mindy McCready Children’s Trust”, c/o John Ammons, Edison National Bank, 13000 S. Cleveland Ave. Ft. Myers, Fla.
A memorial being organized by friends, peers and musicians has been tentatively scheduled for March 6 at the Cathedral of The Incarnation in Nashville.
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Sen. Boozman Recovering From Heart Surgery With Friends' Support
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested