Masked Gunman Claims to have Bomb, Robs Clerk
A Van Buren store clerk was robbed at gunpoint Sunday night, according to Van Buren police.
The robbery happened just before 10:30 p.m. at the Pointer Express on Kibler Road, a police report states.
The clerk told police the man came into store, pointed a gun at her and demanded money. He also told her that he had a bomb and was going to set it off if she called police, the report states.
The suspect ran away with an undisclosed amount of money, according to Det. Jonathan Wear with the Van Buren Police Department. Officers and a K9 unit searched the area for the man, but were unable to locate him.
The clerk was not injured during the incident, police say.
The suspect is believed to be between 5’10”-6’ tall and weigh between 175-200lbs. He was last seen wearing dark blue coveralls, a black hat with white letters and an olive green mask.
If anyone has information on this crime or the suspect, please contact Crime Stoppers at (479) 78-CRIME or the Van Buren Police Department at (479) 474-1234.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Seven Departments Respond to Large House Fire in Sebastian County