POLICE: UA Student Hospitalized After Drinking at Frat House
University of Arkansas police are waiting to investigate a student’s hospitalization supposedly due to excessive alcohol intake after hospital employees tipped them off Saturday (Feb. 23.).
The University of Arkansas Police Department said a 19-year-old male student was taken to Washington Regional Medical Center in Fayetteville after a party at the Sigma Phi Epsilon house, according to Lt. Gary Crain, campus police public information officer.
The student was taken to the hospital by friends, police said. Neither police nor any ambulance services were notified, Crain said. At this time no complaints have been filed to UAPD.
“UAPD has gathered preliminary information, and once the student’s condition improves, it will determine if an investigation is warranted,” Crain said.
Right now, Crain said he doesn’t know the student’s condition. The student’s name is not being released.
The University of Arkansas is not a dry campus. Crain said that means if a person is 21-years-old, he or she can have alcohol in their own rooms.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side