Midwest Snowstorm Brings ‘Light Snow Dusting’
Light snowfall in Northwest Arkansas could cause a few delays for drivers on their morning commute in Northwest Arkansas.
Parts of the area saw a light dusting of snow as a small round of winter weather brought snow in the area around 4 a.m. Tuesday.
No accidents have been reported in Northwest Arkansas or the River Valley as a result of the snow.
While there aren’t any major freezing issues, some drivers could still see slick spots on bridges and overpasses.
In the River Valley, most of the weather was a snowy/rain mix. The result in Fort Smith was a light drizzle. 5NEWS Meteorologist Joe Pennington says the rain could still bring some additional light snow later this morning.
However, temperatures in the River Valley are expected to remain above freezing keeping roads clear.
Berryville School and Gravette Schools announced plans to cancel classes. They are the only school districts in the area not open Tuesday.
For more on the witner weather checkout Joe’s forecast here.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In $94,000 Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side