Cedarville Shooting Under Investigation
Cedarville Police are investigating after a man was found dead from a gunshot wound on Wednesday evening.
Dispatchers got a 911 call just after 6 p.m. Wednesday (Feb. 27) after a friend found Grant Cecil Armer, 42, dead in a home in the 9800 block of Armer Lane.
Armer was found on the floor with a gunshot wound to the chest and a gun at his feet. Chief David Goss believes the man had been dead more than 24 hours.
The death was initially reported to dispatchers as an attempted suicide. But investigators are treating the death as a homicide at this time, according to Chief Goss.
Armer’s body has been sent to the state crime lab in Little Rock for an autopsy.
Armer lived in the home with his father who was being treated at a veterans’ hospital at the time of the shooting, Goss said.
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Sen. Boozman Recovering From Heart Surgery With Friends' Support
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested