Dryer Fire Forces Aloft Hotel Evacuation
A dryer caught fire in the laundry room of the Aloft Hotel in Rogers forcing the entire hotel to evacuate Friday morning.
Rogers Fire Chief Tom Jenkins said the crew got the call just after 7 a.m. When they arrived, the hotel was evacuated.
“The signal had gone off to the fire department,” said Jodi Lightner, Aloft Hotel Director of Sales. “They were here within two or three minutes. The guests where evacuated. Everything was fine by the time the fire department got here, just some smoke.”
The chief said the fire was quickly extinguished, and crews worked to clear the smoke.
Within 15 minutes, guests were let back in. Crews on scene said they were working on doing a system reset. The building engineers also arrived soon after the fire.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range