5NEWS is looking for an energetic and outgoing co-anchor to complement our morning news team and help us grow in Northwest Arkansas. Along with on-air experience, excellent writing skills, and sharp news judgment; the candidate must be a leader in developing news stories and reporting live breaking news. You must enterprise significant local news stories and be able to write for the web.
We are the most watched local news station in the market and we thrive with a team approach. In this position you will need to assert yourself as a leader in our newsroom working with producers and news management. This is not an entry level position; you must be an accomplished field reporter and anchor who can command a morning newscast from the desk or the field.
Responsibilities and Skills:
• Become one of the primary personalities of two local TV stations KFSM-TV and KXNW-TV
• Invest in ratings growth of the newscasts you anchor
• The ability to turn a wide range of hard news stories quickly
• Must be able to shoot and edit video on non-linear programs (Final Cut Pro experience a plus)
• You will be expected to post stories to the web everyday
• Must have a working understanding of social media and how to use it to break news stories
• You’ll need a strong work ethic and the ability perform independently
• Outside of the regular work day, you’ll be expected to make public appearances on behalf of the station
• You’ll need a flexible approach to your work schedule, and be ready to work when news breaks
• Develop meaningful contacts and maintain those contacts to get information quickly
• Works closely with news producers – writing scripts, editing copy and creating show rundowns
• Will turn stories and enterprise new content for all shows, as well as all other duties assigned by the producer and management
• You must be an aggressive news reporter, who can report live and handle breaking news in all kinds of conditions
• Performs other duties as assigned
Station Specific Duties:
This person will co-anchor our morning newscasts on KFSM-TV, and then report and turn stories for other newscasts on KFSM-TV and KXNW-TV. Every week day you will be given a reporting assignment, which include live shots and web posting. You will also fill-in anchor as requested by management.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
A minimum of two years experience anchoring/reporting for a commercial television news operation. An above-average, demonstrable knowledge of television newscast production techniques and television news writing. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
A four-year college degree in liberal arts or journalism.
Dexterity to operate a computer, a professional digital video camera and editing equipment. Ability to stand for more than an hour. Ability to verbally communicate clearly. Vision to follow written scripts and focus on cameras. Ability to drive news vehicles, as needed.
Statement about Other Duties:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Interested parties should submit resume, references, and tape to Rick Bagley, News Director, KFSM-TV, 4201 North Shiloh Drive, Suite 169, Fayetteville, AR 72703. Please email email@example.com. No phone calls please.
KFSM-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer