Fayetteville Loses State Title Game for Second Straight Year
The heartbreak was the same two years in a row for the Fayetteville boys basketball team. The Bulldogs lost to North Little Rock 64-52 in the 7A State Championship Saturday at Barton Coliseum in Little Rock.
The game was closer than the final score indicated. The teams exchanged leads as late as the five-minute mark in the fourth quarter. Fayetteville took a 47-46 lead on a Tyler McCullough lay up, but North Little Rock ended the game on a 18-5 run.
This is the second straight year Fayetteville has lost in the State Championship. They fell to Little Rock Hall last year.
- Driver In Fatal Boat Crash Consumed Beer, Tequila, Drugs, Report States
- POLICE: Suspicious Items at Bentonville Motel a 'Mystery'
- Names of Oklahoma Tornado Casualties Released
- Capital Murder Arrest Made In Fayetteville Man's Carjacking Death
- National Weather Service Confirms 2 Tornadoes Hit Northwest Arkansas