Head-on Collision Kills One in Benton County
A 55-year-old Missouri man was killed when his pickup drifted across the center line on U.S. 62 early Tuesday (March 12) and collided head-on with a Kenworth tractor-trailer, according to an Arkansas State Police accident report.
Stanley J. Lackey of Seligman, Mo., was pronounced dead at the scene of the 8:30 a.m. accident at the Pea Ridge National Military Park in Benton County, according to the report. He was traveling west on U.S. 62 in a 2010 Toyota Tundra, the report states.
Alvie J. Arnold, 58, of Colcord, Okla., driving the tractor-trailer for Cargill, was uninjured, the report states. Both drivers were wearing seat belts.
The weather conditions were dry and clear, the report states.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In $94,000 Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side