Hogs Fall In Conference Opener
Arkansas’ SEC opener didn’t exactly go as planned.
The Razorbacks jumped out to an early lead but No. 8 Ole Miss scored seven runs in the first four innings and cruised to a 7-1 win at Baum Stadium.
Ole Miss got a second inning grand slam from Preston Overbey to start the offensive onslaught for the Rebels and then they added three more in the fourth, highlighted by a solo home run by Sikes Orvis.
Arkansas’ lone run came in the bottom of the first when Tyler Spoon’s single drove in Hunter Mahan.
Rebels’ starting pitcher Bobby Wahl didn’t need much run support as he picked up his fifth win of the year. Wahl went seven innings and allowed just three hits but did walk five and struck out five. Wahl allowed only three base runners in his final five innings of work.
Arkansas starter Trey Killian allowed seven runs on five hits before being lifted after the fourth.
Ole Miss and Arkansas continue their series on Saturday (March 16) at 2:05 p.m. The Hogs will start Randall Fant while Ole Miss sends Mike Meyers to the mound.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone