Huntsville Teen Dies In Highway Crash
A Huntsville teenager died this week from injuries sustained from a car crash earlier this month on a snowy Madison County road, according to state police.
Erika M. Slate, 17, was the passenger in a Chrysler Aspen on March 1 when the sports utility vehicle left Arkansas Highway 45 and became airborne, just north of Hindsville.
Slate was rushed to the hospital, along with the vehicle’s driver, Timothy J. Fort, 20, and another passenger, Jeffery L. Mason, 21. All are from Huntsville, according to a crash report from the Arkansas State Police.
Slate died Tuesday afternoon at Mercy Hospital in Springfield, Mo.
The road was snowy and wet at the time of the crash, according to state police.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Missing Albuquerque Teen Found In Fort Smith
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side