The primary focus of the IT Engineer is to utilize technology in the operations of the TV station. Remote support through VNC, supporting core servers, and programming as necessary are core job functions. Performing repairs, inspections, calibrations and adjustments to equipment so as to insure high standards of all audio and video signals transmitted by the station. Thinking outside the box and trying new things is highly supported.
Core Job Functions:
- Manage Cisco switches and routers
- Provide support and scripting for WAMP server
- Provide both remote and local desktop support to KFSM employees
- Provide training on installed systems
- Installation and managing of new systems
- Building software and/or websites to support new functions
- Document and diagram systems
- Outside the box thinking
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain broadcast computer systems and employee computer systems
- Troubleshoot networking and microwave issues
- Install new equipment and systems
- Keeps informed of new and current developments in the broadcast industry
- Develop a working knowledge of all station equipment
- Maintain and repairs electronic news gathering equipment
- Help set up remote events
- Maintain remote microwave equipment
- Delegating and responding promptly to issues
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of basic electronics, and the willingness to learn broadcast systems. The ability to combine logic, electronic theory, and knowledge of the equipment operation to troubleshoot and repair equipment, digital electronics, computer electronics, computer operating systems, computer networks, and the computer software used to operate television station systems. Ability to operate computer equipment. Telephone communications skills. Must be able to read color codes on electronic parts. Ability to solve problems with outside the box thinking. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
KFSM is looking for a person with a college degree in MIS, computer science or related- degree. Experience with computer networks with software/web development preferred.
Good eyesight and manual dexterity for the repair and use of electronic equipment. Must be able to lift equipment weighing up to 75 pounds to bench top level to install equipment in rack rooms. Ability to climb 10 feet or more above floor level.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
To apply, send resume and references to Dan Bishop, Director of Technology, KFSM-TV, P.O. Box 369, Fort Smith, AR 72902 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
KFSM-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer