Springdale School Locked Down After Report Of Gun Fired Nearby
A Springdale elementary school was put on alert Friday morning after a man reportedly fired a gun at an intersection near the school, police say.
Springdale 911 dispatch received a call around 10:30 a.m. of a man with a gun near Oriole Street and Ashley Drive. A caller told police a black man with no shirt and gray sweatpants fired a gun near the intersection. The man appeared to be “wandering around,” the caller told police.
Nearby Parson Hills Elementary School was placed on alert, while officers talked to neighbors and drove around nearby streets, according to the Springdale Police Department.
No one was found. Police tried to call the caller back, but couldn’t make contact, Springdale police said.
The lockdown has since ended, said Rick Schaeffer, a spokesman for the Springdale School District.
Anyone with any more information about the incident is encouraged to call the Springdale Police Department at 479-751-4542.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone