5NEWS, which is broadcast on KFSM-TV and KXNW-TV, is looking for a Media Coordinator. The primary focus of the Media Coordinator is to operate the technical equipment used to produce and transmit video and audio signals for multi-channel programming. Responsibilities include signal monitoring; ability to operate computer terminal equipment, including automation, video server technology and other recording equipment; and the ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve technical difficulties associated with the operation of technical equipment.
Core Job Functions:
• Operates technical equipment and identifies equipment problems and malfunctions. Must have ability to analyze situations and find alternative methods to work around malfunctions.
• Reads, analyzes and interprets monitoring devices used for audio and video production to assure high quality signals are transmitted to our viewers. Video monitoring includes picture monitors and wave form monitor scopes.
• Reads and interprets program logs, work orders, production schedules, and FCC regulations.
• Demonstrates knowledge of computer operating systems, operating software and user interfaces with multi-channel operations for video servers, master control automation systems, station remote control systems and traffic systems.
• Handles live operational situations; takes commands and cues, and reacts appropriately.
• Controls news microwave systems.
• Operates the television transmitters via remote control.
• Aligns satellite receivers and antennas.
• Maintains signal quality and proper levels throughout studio equipment in accordance with good engineering practices set by the Director of Technology.
• Serves as a technical director for newscasts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Technical school training and experience with operational systems and equipment will enhance performance success. Knowledge of FCC regulations regarding quality standards and emergency announcements required. Ability to type, use computers, and other such equipment. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Good manual dexterity to operate the numerous small push buttons and rotary switches on the equipment.
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Send resume, application and references to Dan Bishop, director of technology at KFSM-TV, PO Box 369, Ft. Smith, AR 72902 fax 479-783-3295 or e-mail email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
KFSM is an equal opportunity employer