Hogs Fall In Series Finale At Alabama
Courtesy: University of Alabama
Alabama pounded out 12 hits and took advantage of five Arkansas errors as the Crimson Tide posted a 5-0 win in Tuscaloosa Saturday afternoon.
The Tide (20-13, 8-4 SEC) chased Arkansas (23-9, 8-4) starter Randall Fant after three innings of work despite allowing just two runs and throwing 34 pitches.
Arkansas’ offense struggled as it accumulated just five hits and drew only two walks. The Hogs greatest threat came in the first inning when they had two runners on but could not get to Spencer Turnbull.
Turnbull went seven shutout innings while allowing five hits and he struck out four on way to picking up the win.
Brett Booth picked up a pair of hits and drove in two runs for Alabama.
Arkansas took the first two games of the series, including a 6-0 shutout on Friday night.
The Hogs return to action Tuesday when New Mexico travels to Baum Stadium.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In $94,000 Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side