Fort Smith Natives Win National Title
Ian Carter and Cameron Adams may be called Drury Panthers right now but they’ll always be called national champions.
The pair from Fort Smith helped Drury overcome a 17-point deficit to knock off Metro State, 74-73, in the division II national championship at the Georgia Dome Sunday afternoon.
Turnovers plagued the Panthers for much of the game but a huge second half run helped get Drury back into the game. Drury outscored the Roadrunners 47-34 in the second half, including the last seven points of the game.
Alex Hall led Drury with 21 points. Carter finished with 10 points on 5-of-7 shooting and added four rebounds while Adams added seven points and was a perfect 3-of-3 from the field. Nine different players scored in double figures while Brandon Jefferson led Metro State with 19 points.
Drury shot 53 percent (26-of-48) from the field and knocked down 11-of-19 3-pointers.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range