Diamond Hogs Win 8-3, Even Series With LSU
Arkansas pitcher Ryne Stanek is proving why he was named a Preseason All-American.
The Diamond Hogs beat LSU Saturday night at Baum Stadium 8-3, behind Stanek’s 6 2/3 innings pitched with zero runs and only four hits.
In five SEC starts Stanek has an ERA of 0.56 and has allowed only two runs in 32 innings. He currently had a streak of 14 2/3 scoreless inning against SEC opponents.
Arkansas pounded out 12 hits in the victory with four different players having multiple hit games. Dominic Ficociello was a perfect 3-for-3 at the plate with two runs scored. Jake Wise drove in a game-high four runs and hit his second homer of the season to start the scoring in the fourth inning.
Jacob Mahan, Brett McAfee and Tyler Spoon each had two hits. Mahan had two RBI, while McAfee and Spoon each drove in one run.
LSU had won 15 straight games before this loss, with their last loss coming on March 17.
The Hog are now three games behind the Tigers in the SEC West. Game three is Sunday at 1:05.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone